Acupuncture is a practice that emerged from Traditional Chinese medicine that is based on the insertion of very fine metallic needles, in certain points of the body called “acupuncture points” (acu = needle, puncture = puncture). It is used to treat diseases, dysfunctions and pain. Acupuncture involves the stimulation of anatomical locations through a variety of techniques.
Traditional Chinese Medicine explains acupuncture as a technique used to balance the flow of energy or life force, known as "chi" or "qi," which flows through channels (meridians) in the body. By inserting needles at specific points in these meridians, the flow of energy is balanced, thus restoring the energy balance of the body.
Benefits of Acupuncture:
- Pain reduction
- Relieves stress and anxiety
- Helps with insomnia
- Reduces allergic reactions
- Limits cognitive decline
- Promotes healthy circulation
- Strengthens the immune system
Acupuncture may be effectively used to treat the following disorders:
- Muscle and joint dysfunctions/pain
- Respiratory disorders
- Genitourinary and gynecological disorders
- Digestive disorders
- Endocrine and circulatory disorders
- Dermatological and dermo-aesthetic problems
- Neurological disorders and stress
- Certain addictions, such as smoking
For more information on any of the services we provide, please do not hesitate to contact us on +34680 357 836, or you may use the contact form on our website and we will get back to you as soon as possible. You may also visit our Instagram page - @clinicaosteozenia - or Facebook - @osteopatialazenia - for more information, videos and photos of the different services we offer.